Why study Spanish?
Confidence and enjoyment in mastering another language.
• Awareness of Spanish-speaking societies and cultures.
• Study skills including listening skills and essay writing, research, planning and analysis.
• Problem-solving and thinking skills.
• Communicative skills including debating.
• Understanding of cross-curricular topics including Geography, Economics, Literature and Politics.
• Employability as many employers see a language as a plus.
Topics of study at A-Level
Film, literature, politics, artistic culture and multiculturalism in Spain and the Hispanic world.
Opportunities beyond the classroom
You will have weekly individual lessons with our Spanish assistant and the opportunity to participate in a Spanish trip. We also organise cinema visits.
What this subject might lead to
You can combine languages with any other A-Level or degree subject. Employers look for the key skills that language students have, so studying a language increases your options. You can also work abroad or specialise in language specific jobs such as interpreting, translation or the Foreign Office.
Suggested entrance requirement (if applicable)
GCSE grade 7.